Oriire spotlights and explores content relating to African heritage. We are accepting content which relates to:
- African History
- African Myth
- African Food
We accept content in the following formats:
We strive to be as diverse in our representation as possible and seek content that cuts across different cultures from the many countries in Africa.
As of today (15/05/2023), authors of all submissions selected for publication are paid a flat rate of N10,000 per article. You will be asked to provide payment details on the submission form.
Before submitting your content, please ensure the following:
- Your full name and email are included (While your work can be published under an alias, your full name must still be included in your submission)
- The content is in relation to African History, Myth or Food
- Any tribes or cultures featured are named
- Your content is completely original
- Your content is entirely your own work and not plagiarised
- Where other work is referenced, it is attributed to the right sources.
- The word count does not exceed 3,000 words.
- You have reviewed our style guide
We are doing our best to ensure that we inform all authors about the status of their submission as soon as we can. Typically, you will be contacted within 1-4 weeks to inform you if your submission was selected for publication or not.
If you have any questions, contact us here.