- Be civil
Oriire encourages open and candid discussions and debates but all communication between members must be civil. Differences of opinion are unavoidable but personal attacks are not. We will not tolerate any comments or content that are violent, threatening, abusive, sexually explicit, obscene, offensive, hateful, derogatory, defamatory, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable in nature.
- Stay on topic
Oriire is an online community focused on African history, myth and food. Comments, questions and contributions should be relevant to the topics being discussed. Unsolicited personal or commercial advertising is not allowed.
- Don’t post inappropriate content
Any user who posts or shares inappropriate, pornographic or offensive, or otherwise objectionable content to the Site may be banned from the community and the content will be edited or removed entirely.
- Don’t spam
No need to post the exact same message in multiple places.
- Observe copyright and trademark law.
The posting of copyrighted videos, photos, articles or other material beyond what is protected as fair use is prohibited, and Oriire may remove such posts from any of the Sites it controls. Do not pass off someone else’s trademark as your own.
- Don’t create multiple accounts
We only allow one account per person, if you are found to have created more than one account, we reserve the right to delete one or all of them. If you would like to update your account with new details you can do so on your profile. If you are unable to get into the account, there is an option available to recover your password. If none of these measures work for you, please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
- Don’t post information (Whether personal or otherwise) that you don’t want to be made public. Respect the privacy of other community members and the Oriire team.
It’s your content
The views and opinions expressed in educator and explorer profiles as well as educator and explorer discussion posts do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Oriire or its partners. Please remember that any comments or content you share on this site are your sole responsibility.
Oriire reserves the right to revoke Community membership to any user for any reason, including, without limitation, a reasonable belief that the user in question has violated these Community Rules, the Terms of Service, any other operating rules posted on the website, or any copyright or trademark laws.
- Oriire conducts exclusive monthly challenges for our community members. The winners get all sorts of fun prizes and a badge that lets everyone know you’re the ‘Challenge Champion’
- Community members get the opportunity to RSVP first to events and the events are often free or heavily discounted.
- Members get points for every kind of contribution they make. This points system resets monthly.
- New members get 5 points for signing up!
- Comments on blogs or forum posts earn you 10 points
- Creating new and engaging forum topics gets you 15 points
- Submissions earn you 25 points.
* At the end of every month, 3 of the most active and consistent members from each category: History, myth and food get a badge and the person with the most points overall gets a prize and a ‘Community MVP’ badge.
- You get to submit content!